The importance of positive self talk is sometimes generalized with the “everything is okay” mindset and mistaken for confidence. For many women in their 30s and 40s, the “good girl” persona we were raised to embody actually weakens our ability to trust ourselves. In today’s episode, we share some practical ways to help your self talk be believable and also embrace the reality of what you’re feeling in the moment, when it’s not okay.
Tune in to hear:
- The problem with reassuring ourselves that everything is okay
- The foundation of competence is self-trust
- What are we going to do about it?
- The process of speaking to yourself
- The problem with positive self-talk
Connect with Whitney & Stephanie:
Stephanie IG: @stephanie_hanna_
The Other 85: https://theother85.net/
Whitney IG: @whitneyabraham
Whitney Website: https://www.whitneyabraham.com/