Diet culture is that collection of social expectations that dictates our self-worth with the way our body looks. In doing so it tells us what to do, what to eat, and how to look in order to feel worthy, accepted, and validated. All in all, diet culture sucks but unfortunately a lot of women are stuck in this cycle of hating their bodies and practicing restrictive eating patterns because they think it’s something they need to do.
In today’s episode we are talking to our good friend Simi Botic an intuitive eating counselor, and health coach who has literally helped hundreds of women break up with diet culture
During our conversation, Simi talks about making the transition from being a corporate healthcare attorney and struggling with disordered eating patterns. She shares why confidence means trust, why she tries to be a model of confidence and compassion for her clients, and why diet culture is rooted in a lot of systemic oppression.
In this episode, we cover:
- Simi shares more about her own experience with restrictive eating and her own work
- Tapping into your confidence to combat diet culture through trust and self-compassion
- Quick fixes don’t work: why confidence comes from the inside
- Misleading messages that damage women’s confidence
- How motherhood has changed the way Simi views confidence
- The legacy Simi hopes to leave
Details & Registration for State of Women Conference:
Connect with Simi:
Connect with Whitney & Stephanie:
Stephanie IG: @stephanie_hanna_
Whitney IG: @whitneyabraham
Whitney Website: https://www.whitneyabraham.com/