We read an article recently that made us throw up in our mouths a bit when we read the headline. It was called, “How Confidence is Weaponized Against Women.” And it’s so true because as women, we’re damned if we do, damned if we don’t. We are told how important it is to build our confidence, yet once we do, we are then criticized.
We want to walk you through this article and talk about how we’ve experienced the double-edged sword of building confidence as a woman in 2023.
In this episode, we cover:
- Why we shouldn’t fake it until we make it [2:10]
- All the different things we are told to allude confidence, and how that can get into our heads [3:12]
- Likeable people get stuff done [6:55]
- Why confidence is weaponized against women [7:59]
- How leaders can help try to foster confidence in women [11:17]
- The power of quiet confidence [15:57]
Connect with Whitney & Stephanie:
Stephanie IG: @stephanie_hanna_
Whitney IG: @whitneyabraham
Whitney Website: https://www.whitneyabraham.com/